My slides from this morning are up: http://utahpython.org/jellis/sa-intro.pdf. The about 1/3 of the class did not have SA installed yet, and the network was down. Fortunately, Mike and Jason brought 5 flash drives and by the time we got to the first exercise everyone was up and running.
This was my third time doing a three-hour SQLAlchemy tutorial. Differences from (last time) include
- updated for the 0.4 series
- removed almost all the SQL-layer material
- added a section on the new relation filtering api
- Improved the parts of the Fundamentals sections that were poorly explained
- added a short section on the new-in-0.4 transaction management.
There wasn't a wall clock in the tutorial room, so despite making an effort to be aware of time I went 10 minutes over. Sorry, guys. :)
Jason Kirtland will be posting the slides from the Advanced SQLAlchemy tutorial soon.