- We now have an order-preserving partitioner as well as the hash-based one
- Yes, if you tell Cassandra to wait for all replicas to be ack'd before calling a write a success, then you would have traditional consistency (as opposed to "eventual") but you'd also have no tolerance for hardware failures which is a main point of this kind of system.
- Zookeeper is not currently used by Cassandra, although we have plans to use it in the future.
- Load balancing is not implemented yet.
- The move to Apache is finished and development is active there now.
Friday, May 01, 2009
A better analysis of Cassandra than most
Vladimir Sedach wrote a three-part dive into Cassandra. (Almost two months ago now. Guess I need to set up Google Alerts. Trouble is there's a surprising amount of noise around the word `cassandra.`)