- Getting Started: Cassandra is surprisingly easy to try out. This walks you through both single-node and clustered setup.
- The Dynamo paper and Amazon's related article on eventual consistency: Cassandra's replication model is strongly influenced by Dynamo's. Almost everything you read here also applies to Cassandra. (The major exceptions are vector clocks, and even that may change, and Cassandra's support for order-preserving partitioning with active load balancing.)
- WTF is a SuperColumn? Arin Sarkissian from Digg explains the Cassandra data model.
- Operations: stuff you will want to know when you run Cassandra in production
- Cassandra users survey from Nov 09: What Twitter, Mahalo, Ooyala, SimpleGeo, and others are using Cassandra for
- More articles here (Cassandra on OS X seems to be a particularly popular topic)
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
I put together this list for a co-worker who wants to learn more about Cassandra: (0.5 beta 2 out now!)